My parents kindly brought me corn flour ( Arto irina in Basque) from their Basque producer. They challenged me to find a gourmet recipe to taste it! I made a kind of chocolate chip cookie (it’s drier than cookies but with the chips it’s very good). I thank my 4 little hands who helped me to make these cookies again.
To make about twenty small cookies you will need:
150 g wheat flour
150 g corn flour
150 g soft butter
3 egg yolks
100 g dark chocolate chips
100 g organic cane sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 180° C. In a bowl, mix the two flours, yeast and salt.
2) In another container, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar.
3) Add the flour mixture, chocolate chips, then the soft butter and mix until the dough is homogeneous.
4) On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, place the small balls of dough the size of a walnut and flatten them.
5) Bake in the oven for 15 mins. Let it cool down.
Challenge taken up! Good tasting
They can be stored perfectly in an iron box.